South Korean Flag!

South Korean Flag!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Final Week in the MTC!


 
This week is my final week at the MTC. There's not much change in schedule except and in-field orientation all day Friday, where we attend Working with Member workshops and other things. I'm looking forward to Monday at 3am :) On a shuttle bus and to Korea!
 
We got to have the same cute 17 year old young woman from Jeju island that we had our very first time for TRC! Our message was on Revelation through Church Attendance. I honestly was a little worried (ok, I generally am just before a lesson, but I'm gaining courage :) because I felt that there...hmmm Well, I was a little cooncerned about talking for so long about that one topic. But I didn't need to worry :)
We got to know her a little better! She had a camera and was taking pictures for her AP art class. We got to see some of her work, it was awesome. As our message progressed, we discovered that she was the Laurel President in her ward. A scripture I'd been thinking about the past day popped into my head. I thougth against it;I had a tendency to get off topic and not meet our original goal (to strengthen their testimony in the power of personal revelation through church attendance.)
But the prompting came again. So I directed her to 3 Nephi 18:24...a light unto the world, a representitive of Jesus Christ. We watched her face light up as she read. She knew and we knew that this scripture applied to her and the example she was to her fellow Laurels. My companion also testified that since coming to the MTC she's learning about her missionary purpose, to invite others to come unto Christ. Then she said how she knows our missionary purpose applies to all members of the Church. She testified of the light and faith that our young woman would be to others as she prepared and served her own mission.
We all left that meeting feeling Heavenly Father's love for each of us, and the lights that we truly can be. She even got a pitcure with us (taken by her awesome mom who we got to teach also a few weeks ago!) And on our review papers, she put "I want to be a missionary like Sister Brooksby and Sister Roueche! :)"
 
I am truly amazed that Heavenly Father called me to be a missionary, then  works through me. That He can work through me to touch the lives of HIs children is such a miracle!!
 
Before I go to the field, I was looking through my notes for what I could share with you. I discovered taht I just want to share the things that have touched me as I've been here at the MTC, and encouragement for all that will enter it in the future :) 
 
This Fast Sunday Testimony meeting:
"The most comforting words I can think of are these: 'He is risen!'"-Elder in our Branch
 
"Love the cold, love the heat, love everything!" Another elder on having a positive perspective throughout your mission. :) Through life too!
 
And one of our great Korean natives, Elder Bae (fluent in English also) got up and shared his testimony in Korean. I could understand the general idea of waht he said most of the time, but there was one phrase he slowed down in particular to say. My brain with the Spirit's help, translated it immediately. "You're not alone." Then he repeated it in English, twice. I felt the Spirit move my heart so powerfully in that moment.
I also bore my testimony on the power of Heaven and angels to be with us, and I feel so strongly it is true. D&C 84:88 One of President Monsons favorie scriptures. (PS IF you haven't seen his Birthday Celebration online, watch it for an FHE or something!! IT's AMAZING! I cried a lot! We have such a wonderful Prophet. Watching that made me wasnt to reach out so much more to others. They really need us!!)
 
These are otehrs that touched me;
""Perfect love casteth out all fear" When you are scared, study the atonemetn of Jesus Christ. The most couragous act." -A sister who served in Portugal.
I loved this one. It hit home to me :) We CAN do hard things, because He did.
 
This one is for my AWESOME brother Elder Brooksby!! "Don't fall prey to the "stereotypical missionary. There is no one 'right' way to be. You just be you." I love this one because so oft4en thoughout the day I wonder "is this right? Is this the right thing a missionary would do?" Of course we are obedient! That is critical :) We just need to be us :)
 
And finally, after we'd opened a meeting with prelude singing, all 2700 of us, Elder Perkins (our speakher) said, "I wish everyone in the world could walk into the room and feel the power as you all sing.)
 
And last advice from President Shin: "Open Your Mouth! don't stop talking, dont get quiet."
And Sister Shin "Smile, always smile." :)
 
This Sunday we will sing Arirang to our fellow new district as our good bye, take pictures and finish packing. Monday we leave for Korea.
 
I love you all! This Gospel is true! Jesus Christ loves us...A lot :)
 
Sister Brooksby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Though I can't email you directly, just post your comment here and my mom can forward it to me.
Thanks for all you do! Way to support missionaries :)