South Korean Flag!

South Korean Flag!

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Awesome Scripture Nuggets

So I decided to dedicate this article to all of the amazing scriptural nuggets I have either found myself, or have been shared with me by other people. I will be updating weekly, so keep coming back, if you need that spiritual boost. Feel free to add your own in the Comments section. I love to hear different ideas, and epiphanies!

1. JST Matthew 1:22
"For in those days there shall also arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders, insomuch, that, if possible, they shall deceive the very elect..." This was one shared with me by my seminary teacher last semester, Brother Laing. He was taught constantly as a youth, that the very elect were to be deceived, and to be very careful, and watchful in everything he did. Brother Laing often thought, "Well, if the very elect are going to be deceived, then why should I, not even close to elect, even stand a chance?" It was a question that prompted a principal, which I wanted to share with you. Our Heavenly Father does not wish to discourage, or dishearten us as His children. That is the plan of the Adversity. He only wants us to be happy, not fearful. Hopeful and faithful, not doubting and disbelieving. If you will notice, in that verse it says if possible, the very elect would be deceived. That little phrase "if possible," makes all the difference in the world. So the question is, Brother Laing continued, how do I make it impossible. The answer, he showed us, was in verse 37, near the beginning. "And whoso treasureth up my word, shall not be deceived..." I'm sure you all know just what "Gods word" is, but just in case you don't, it is the scriptures He gave to us. Isn't that an awesome promise? The scriptures are full of promises just like this one. God loves us so much, He gives us as many opportunities as He can to help us earn His blessings. His tender mercies, and ever-watchful eye guide us, so that we may know we are never alone. I can promise you all, that if you do read your scriptures, and really study and ponder them, that it will be impossible for the devil and his angels to deceive you. I know it, because I, myself, have tested this principal, and have gained a testimony of its truthfulness. Try it out, just do it. I promise your life will be changed for the better if you do!

2. 1 Nephi 2:22 This is my moms 'accidental' favorite scripture. It makes me laugh because I have six younger brothers, and both my little sisters would love this scripture as well! "And inasmuch as thou shalt keep my commandments, thou shalt be made a ruler and a teacher over thy brethren."

3. Helaman 5:12, Doctrine and Covenants 6:34
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."
This really is a good scripture mastery verse. What an important principal to know! Sometimes, when I need it most, a scripture like this pops into my head, (not without help, I'm sure!) and reminds me of where I am really going.
"Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail."
This one just makes me light up. I love how the Lord gives us little verses like this one, to comfort us, and help us simply have a better day. What would we be without them?

4. Mosiah 26: 13-14
Just a preface to this scripture, many of the Nephite people have gone astray from the teachings of King Benjaman, they being only little children at the time. Alma and Mosiah are trying to deal with all the rebellious ones, because now it is turning into more than just cruel words. Alma decides to go to the Lord in prayer to find out what he should do. I love this scripture simply because it is something that all teenagers face today, and we all can learn from Alma's great example. Look at what it says in verse 13.
(more later, going to our stake trek! =D)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Though I can't email you directly, just post your comment here and my mom can forward it to me.
Thanks for all you do! Way to support missionaries :)