South Korean Flag!

South Korean Flag!

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Birthday Parties, Dogs, and Life

Okay, once again, another story for you all.... (I love talking about myself!)
My friend from seminary, Tyler, invited me to his 17th birthday party for Thursday night at 7:30pm. I was very excited until I remembered that I was going to a rehearsal dinner, that same night, for a friend, Melissa, who was getting married on Friday. I thought of reasons I could go, but it turned out that my mom really wanted me to go as well! She said it was alright, so long as I went to Melissa's reception Friday night. I was very happy, because I had not been to a guy/girl party in a while, and I loved an oppourtunity to look way cute!
I got to his house, looking all pretty with my hair crimped (my friend did it, but it took 45 minutes to do...hahaha) Then I kicked off my shoes, and played volleyball while waiting for more people to show up. I had a wonderful time, we did night games, karioke, dancing (chicken dance, hokie pokie =D) and dead man on the trampoline. I was surprised that there were many more guys then girls there, but Tyler had called me earlier to say that all of the girls he had invited had girls camp that week. Sad....But he asked me to invite some of my friends to come as well, so there were two more than there could have been! They were my buddies from our Liken movies, both had starred in some of them, and way sweet girls. I was happy I had a chance to bring them along!
Oh and I saw Tyler acting, and BOY can he ACT! It was the silliest little skit (Little Bunny FooFoo) but he played it so well. He's way good! I loved watching him. No wonder he is in all the musicals at his high school; he is amazing! :D
There were two people who came from families of 12 kids and 14 kids, and then there was me with 9 kids, one on the way. And all the kids in the 12 family had bible scripture names! It was way cool! I suppose I really didn't expect that many..... :D
When I got home, I chatted to my mother about the whole night. She is very smart when it comes to people, social situations, and how to re-act to some things. Like me, she was a bit shy during the ages of 12-14 but she came out of her shell and had a great time. That is what I am trying to do as well. I know that I am a bit....okay ALOT more outgoing now, and am usually the one who initiates new things (like dancing at a dance instead of talking and standing around... :D)
Oh and one other thing. Our family dog surprised us all by having puppies Wednesday night. We had no idea that she was even pregnant! (shows how much we know..) I was in my little sisters room, just reading her a bedtime story, when I heard squeaking coming from underneath the bed! I stopped reading and looked down to see a little, rat-like thing, and Safara, our dog, licking it gently. I freaked out! I took Savannah (my sister) upstairs yelling, "Safara's having puppies!" My mother came out looking distraught. "What?!" she exclaimed. We moved Safara and her little puppy upstairs to a more suitable room for delivering, and I went to change the sheets on my little brothers bed. (She had given birth to the first one on it :S) Fun stuff! Anyway, there are only three, and they are ALL BOYS! Last time she had 6 puppies, and they were all GIRLS :D I think that is very funny. They are black, and all of them have a white patch on their little chests. Two have all four white paws, but they all do look a bit like rats...I know they will look better when they grow up, but I hope they are not ugly because we don't know who their dad is.... I can't wait until they open their little eyes! I think that when a baby (human or animal) opens its eyes, it starts gaining its personality. Before that, they all look the same.
Thanks for your time, and I congratulate all of you who made it to the end without falling asleep! =D

"IV formation, boys! On the double!"
"Us friends gotta stick together, right Chill?"
"Uh, Lightning, not that close..."
"Um....what formation is this, Sergeant?"
(PS We just found out....that one of the boy puppies....is a girl. :S I hope shes not too mad at us! =D)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Though I can't email you directly, just post your comment here and my mom can forward it to me.
Thanks for all you do! Way to support missionaries :)