South Korean Flag!

South Korean Flag!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Little Joys in Big Messes

Nearly two weeks later, she emerges from the dust with, yet again, MORE WORDS!



Hi friends!


This is Haley speaking. I couldn't stop myself from running over to our computer to write down this thought before I forgot it. I think that I will have similar posts in the future on this topic. What topic, you ask?


My siblings.


And all of the amazingly incredible things they say every day.


I need a quote book for my family to look back on and laugh. I know I'm going to miss them all so much when I finally do leave for college. What will life be like without those eleven other souls in the same confined space as I am? aww....



So, to start her off, I'm going to relate a story my 12-year-old sister, Sierra, shared with us today.


Last week, we had a combined young women's lesson on missionary work. It was an awesome lesson, and had gotten Sierra and I built up for some enthusiastic sharing of the Gospel. The leaders had given each girl a Book of Mormon, and asked them to think of someone they could give it to.


After church, Sierra went to her room and prayed for a missionary experience. Now I will turn to her own words:


"I know Heavenly Father has a sense of humor, because that same night I got a dream that I gave away my Book of Mormon to a non-member." She allowed us time to chuckle, then threw in the cincher.


"The next night, I prayed that Heavenly Father would send me a real missionary experience." :D

_________________________________________________________________

I have another little sister that wants to take over the world. Her name is Savannah, and she's only five, but don't let that dissuade you from thinking she can.

Here is a small example of her stragety for doing so:

I am in the kitchen getting the table set for dinner. Savannah brings her peice of scratch paper over to me and asks if I'd like to play tic-tac-toe. "Sure," I say. I have time enough to finish dinner after a quick game.

Then I look at the way she drew the diagram. There were only four squares, but she'd made some fancy lines to make it look like the original tic-tac-toe board.

"I go first," she stated clearly. Then she drew an 'x' in one of the four squares. Of course, after my 'o', she placed another 'x' where I had not, and won the game with only two in a row.

She's brilliant, that one!

More thoughts to follow! The list will be endless, I'm sure... ;)



2 comments:

  1. haha!
    Don't you just LOVE family and all the crazy things they do? I don't understand people who have small families, how do they survive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!

    I love my family enormously! Tremendously! Fantastically!

    Even when the house is a smattering of assorted items, (it looks like a tornado occupied the area longer than we have,) and my siblings are all in tears. They are still so cute, and I couldn't love them more!

    Happy or really grumpy, I'm glad I'm stuck forever with these guys. :)

    ReplyDelete

Though I can't email you directly, just post your comment here and my mom can forward it to me.
Thanks for all you do! Way to support missionaries :)