South Korean Flag!

South Korean Flag!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

'Ventures

Thursday, March 8th, 2012
We have a bunch of birthdays this time of year.
I dunno why it's so popular-Maybe the seasons changing? It is nice to go from snowy and cold, to slightly-less-snowy and cold with birds chirping in the background. Or perhaps it's because of all the holidays! Presidents Day, Valentines, St. Patricks day-Who doesn't love a day off?
However and whatever it's for, there are a lot of my people born in these months.
Wednesday morning found my MTC-bound brother Tyson, extremely enthusiastic 4-year-old brother Denver, and myself meandering about in the Payson Wal Mart. Tyson has disappeared to be handsome for his visa pictures, and Denver and I had just finished picking up my new frames. On the way to the back of the store (where the toy section resided), I remembered Sabrina needing something.
"Denver, we're going to take a quick stop and get this for Sabrina," I said. He nodded aimably and off we went to find stuff.
Then we passed the Easter isle, Denver shouting, "Haley, look at that fuzzy thing! ...Oh, oh, I wanna touch that picture... HALEY LOOK OVER THERE!" I laughed as we walked. He had a comment for nearly every item in his line-of-sight.
I stopped at the chocolate bunnies. I need to be rid of my affinity for solid chocolate bunnies. But I do really love the bunnies.
So again we stopped. "Denver, do you mind if we get some bunnies?" He nodded again and helped me pick out the best ones. "There's one over here... Haley get that big one!"
Finally, he looked up at me patiently. "Can we go and get my birthday present now?"
We did. He ended up picking a set of three Star Wars figures-a robot, Jango Fett, and Obi Wan Kenobi. I thought he would've chosen the two electronic monster trucks, but maybe it's cause I wanted them...
From his car-seat on the way home, he announced, "Elias will be the blue guy, and I will be the red bad guy," I looked at his figures. "Denver, who's going to be Obi Wan?"
Denver thought only for a second.
"Tyson can be the ugly guy."
The next day, the hustle and bustle of getting home was over and everyone was now competeing to tell Mom their stories. Denver's voice was pretty quiet, especially under the big kid's shouting. Mom silenced us all with her hand. "Everyone listen to what Denver said!"
I took a picture. It's labeled in his own words:
"Mom, this is what God wants us to do."
I love you, my awesome Denver. You're the best little 4-year old brother in the world.

1 comment:

Though I can't email you directly, just post your comment here and my mom can forward it to me.
Thanks for all you do! Way to support missionaries :)