South Korean Flag!

South Korean Flag!

Friday, June 5, 2009

Midnight Ride

Okay, so it wasn't quite midnight...

So after all of the children were down and the house was relatively decent, I grabbed a hoodie, my cell phone and a bike and took off down the road about 9:15pm. My parents were on a date, and my brother, Tyson, was at his first shift at work-(they hired him at my work, Hogi Yogi! I'm way happy about that. :)-so the kids were at home with Trey.

Why did I take off on my bike? Well, I still don't really know...I think I just needed some time to think. Ever have those moments?

Anyhow, after riding through dust and darkness, I finally turned myself back home and came across a fence with three beautiful paint horses. Cautiously, I climbed off of my bike and approached the fence. It'd been so long since I'd been around a horse that close.

The bigger two quickly lost interest in me after about 30 seconds, but the smallest one, (I named her Mary, since she looked like either a Mary or a Dolly) stayed. I stroked her nose for a while until she got hungry and went to get a 9:30pm snack of weeds. What made me happy was that she came back!

She was such a soft horse, I couldn't help stroking her side and talking to her for a bit. We chatted about a bunch of different things, and she seemed to know what I was saying, even though I knew she was getting sleepy. I watched her eyes droop slowly as I continued to pet and talk quietly.

That was a cool experience for me, and I don't know why. You'd think I'd have a reason for putting this story up? Well, sometimes I don't...but...

Horses are awesome, though! And some are very soft...:)
I'm glad I could make a friend tonight.

Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

Though I can't email you directly, just post your comment here and my mom can forward it to me.
Thanks for all you do! Way to support missionaries :)