South Korean Flag!

South Korean Flag!

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sister Missionary Sits on WHO?



  • All Koreans have buff legs and strong arms. Due to the erratic and

spasmadic bus system (it's not really that bad, I just like to make it
funny ;), we are constantly bouncing, leaning, adjusting, and
shifting. My first few days here were pretty rough on the buses. Ahh,
greenie time is the best! When I commented on how well everyone fared
on the bus, (managing to stay upright without sprawling all over
strangers) Sister Won just smiled and said "They are used to it."

Again, we were travelling when I made this blunder. I was sitting on
the side closet to the window. There was a woman next to me, and then
an isle down the middle of the bus. I'd planned it out. I wasn't going
to be tricked this time. I was going to stand up, move swiftly in
front of the woman's legs, and stay there for just a moment before
heading down the isle. But when our bus stop was called over the
intercom and I attempted to execute aforesaid plan, I found myself
jerked back onto the lap of another Korean citizen attempting to
disembark. Hurriedly, I tried to stand, the bags in both my hands
crashing around me. (They didn't spill, but it would have been really
funny and very sad if they had!) Somewhat shamefaced, I turned back to
look at who I'd sad on as I disembarked. Long, grey robes. A balding
head. Tiny slippers.

I'd sat on the lap of a monk.

He didn't seem to perterbed, (I'm so glad!) but smiled at me the next
time I caught his eye. I have to say, it's pretty funny when a sister
missionary accidently plants herself in the lap of a Buddaist monk. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Though I can't email you directly, just post your comment here and my mom can forward it to me.
Thanks for all you do! Way to support missionaries :)