South Korean Flag!

South Korean Flag!

Monday, April 8, 2013


Hi Everyone!
Wow! God never leavs His missionaries alone. I love reading all of my friends emails!!! It's such a boost to me to hear how you are all doing :D Keep it up! I'm so so proud of you, right with you!

This week we visited 6 less actives and 2 former investigators, created English flyers, called former investigators, ka ka ho hoed  (door to door) and jundoed (street prosyliting)! Every night when I went to plan with Sister Musselman, ideas came to mind of how to spend our time; (miracle!)  and this past Weekly Planning Session we both pounded out ideas for finding new investigators and how to work with our branch members for 4 hours.
We've had less contact with our one investigator, and so toward the end of the week, I was wondering if she wanted to keep meeting with us or not. But this Sunday was an incredible miracle! When I went to copy our flyers at chruch, our  branch president, President Lee, talked to me about the English class and how they used to have a coordinator from the branch to help, but they hadn't had one in a while. He said he'd been talking with the leadership about it, and they think starting another up would be a good idea. We have support in that area! WOOO!

Also, this Sunday both the Bishopbrick counserlors bore their testimonies on the power of missionary work- Brother Lee shared his conversion story and expressed the need for everyone to be searching and sharing the gospel to people like he was before he was baptized.  And Brother Hong told everyone in the ward how we had only one investigator... hahaha it was so amazing! I couldn't believe what my ears were hearing! Then after Sacrament meeting, the Relief Society President and I sat down and talked about creating a fun group where all of the women could meet with the Sister missionaries and bring their friends (possible referrals!). We decided on the first week of every month! Now we're just brainstorming some ideas of what to do :D
Sister Hong also referred one of her students she's teaching! We'll get to meet with her and her student on Tuesday!
I can't express how thankful and overwhelmed I felt because of our memeber's reaction to help! Heavenly Father's never ever going to leave alone to figure out what to do. I'm so so thankful that He trusts us enough to do His work here in Onyang. I want to help this area grow!!!
Wow! new position opening up for Sister Missionaries-A Sister Training position? I'm so excited! A leadership position for Sisters I think would help us organize and help the work move forward, and take care of each other :)
 
I think this week I'm realizing again the giant happiness found in seeing small miracles-every day. Seeing the mission through the eyes of Sister Musselman is really such a blessing :D We are striving to make every day wear us out, sleep hard, and wake up on our knees ready for the next day!
 
I love you all! Don't forget how much you're loved!
Sister Brooksby
 
PS The picture is of Sister Musselman and I muching on her very first try at street food here in Korea! We're having fun and laughing lots :D
 
PPS Spring is here!!!!
 

1 comment:

Though I can't email you directly, just post your comment here and my mom can forward it to me.
Thanks for all you do! Way to support missionaries :)