South Korean Flag!

South Korean Flag!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Oh, oh oh oh...For the Longest Time

Hi everyone! I know it's been awhile, but I'd like to start blogging my own page again, thanks to some inspirational friends. So, here goes.
Just a thought I'd like to share.
Some of the greatest trials that we face are not physical, though things like the death of a loved one are extremely sad, but on a much more personal level. Today, as I was sifting through the choices I had made, I looked back with some slight frustration that I had not handled certain situations better, or said something a little kinder, or perhaps just been more humble. There are so many things that I battle with every day, just with myself.
This inner struggle, that each of us face daily, inspired me to begin writing again. In poetry. I used to write so much more when I was younger and had more free time. But I would like to pick it up again, simply because it allows me to let some of my pent-up emotions out better than just writing. Rhythm helps me organize my thoughts into coherent phrases. Perhaps it will help you to understand where I am coming from as well. :)
The Inner War

There is a battle
Fought deep within
To purge the soul;
Destroy the man

Of choices, truth
Or choices, lies
Each decision rests
To what ye stand

Deceiving one
And blinding more
Cannot you tell
Ne’re told before

‘Tis light, ‘tis truth
The pathway clear
Which moral standard
Abides here

O Man! Continue through
The strife;
See
Exactly what you were
Perfected
Designed
Created
Tried
To be

This battle, daily, for me fought
Of forces good and forces ill
Choose ye this day, as I cannot
For such decides the human will

Cannot ye see?

2 comments:

  1. Well fine then, show off!
    I'm kidding ;)

    Honestly though, that is so amazing! The phrases roll off the tongue, quite like a song! It seems almost biblical in diction, which lends a deeper meaning to the words.
    Haley, I applaud thee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I know i'm late commenting here but my freinds are amazing! how can these poems just come so natural. I thank both of you for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete

Though I can't email you directly, just post your comment here and my mom can forward it to me.
Thanks for all you do! Way to support missionaries :)