South Korean Flag!

South Korean Flag!

Monday, October 27, 2008

Something Sad

Right. So, remember contentment vs happiness? (ie, you can be content with yourself, and still be miserable, because you just can't be happy all of the time.) Well...

One of the most heart-wrenching sights for me to see, is that of one of my siblings, ill.
I came home from school to my poor little sister, Savannah, only just five, lying helplessly in my parent's ginormous bed, flushed from head to toe. She was tossing about in her sleep, and I felt so awful. I went over and gently sat down beisde her and just stroked her hair. Watching as her eyes moved from under the eyelids in rapid sucsession, I wondered if she was having some sort of bad dream. What could I do? I felt so helpless.
Later, just before my family really got ready for Family Home Evening, I got the feeling to go check on her. I went and sat down next to her on the bed, and noticed that she was awake.
"Haley," she said, looking up at me with trusting eyes. "I'm hungry inside." I smiled slightly. This was a good sign.
"What can I get for you, Savannah?" I asked her quietly. She looked around.
"Those green things with butter, but not rasins. NO rasins." She clarified with great emphasis. So I dutifully went to my kitchen to create her 'ants on a log' snack with absolutely NO ants-Celery and peanut butter. Don't ask me how I knew. Maybe it's just experience. But she really like it, and ate them all. Happiness again!
After FHE, I heard her tiny voice.
"I don't want to sleep downstairs, all by myself, Haley." Oooh, who could resist those adorable blue eyes?? Without asking for parental permission (I get in trouble when I don't do that every so often...) I quickly told her she could sleep with me in Sierra and I's room. I pray that I don't wake her up in the morning getting ready for school.
That little girl is an angel. What would I do without her? It makes me appreciate so much more when she is healthy and full of life. She's still got her spunk, though, sick as she is. Heavenly Father sure blessed us with a very independant and plucky spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Though I can't email you directly, just post your comment here and my mom can forward it to me.
Thanks for all you do! Way to support missionaries :)