South Korean Flag!

South Korean Flag!

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Beautiful Monday Morning!


Hi Everyone!
It's a beautiful Monday morning and I'm excited to tell you about our adventures this week :D

So this week we met two new investigators! One is a woman we found during Jundo who agreed to meet again (she's a grandmother who's taking care of her grandson and looking for work, so she needs the Gospel especially to feel the happy even when it's hard) and a woman in E Mart who stopped us when she saw we were missionaries! She's also older, and has been really curious about our religion. We haven't been able to meet her yet, but I'm excited to share my testimony with her and how much this Gospel has blessed my life! And just last night, while we went jundoing, Sister Cho ended up talking with a middle school student for at least 10 minutes or so on the street, found out that she was interested in learning about the Gospel, and got her phone number and we're going to get a return appointment with her! I'm so thankful It was just last a couple weeks ago that we wanted to focus on finding new investigators, and already the Lord is blessing us. I feel so blessed.

Our Cheonan Ward is exploding in desire to help the missionaries too! This past Sunday, we were able to share a brief introduction on how our youth can help with missionary work (we visited Young Women's and primary and talked with them for 5 minutes about the 30/30 program and the power of youth in bringing their friends to the Gospel). The Primary was all for it! And I think as week keep our awesome youth involved, we can see success together through English class, or outside activities to game nights with them where they can bring their friends and have a fun time, and also listen to a message about the Gospel. Our Ward Mission Leader, Brother Choi, is brainstorming with us each Saturday durnig Correlation Meeting on how we can involve the members more. We also left church yesterday with three bags of food from our members, and a couple more scheduled shiksas. I feel so happy-we are so blessed! I want to do the best we can to return the love to our ward and see miracles happen! 

Wow, I'm so excited for the incoming new missionaries! The Church is also coming out with that new curriculum for youth-getting them more involved in lessons where they can discover their testimonies (like missionary work, all the way!!) and now they have a new MTC prep class that's just like the MTC training! Elder Goo also said that the applications went form 700 to 2000 a week, and my friend wrote me that there are 56 new missions opening up! Wow this is so amazing!! I'm seriously blown away-I feel such a strong spirit and so happy for the incredible response from all the youth!! We are going to see the world flooded with missionary work! 
I know that Heavenly Father is ushering in all of these new and willing youth to share His gospel all over the world-I'm so happy and proud of all the new missionaries!

I want to do my best for Him! I know that I'm really lacking in so many areas, but I do know that everyone needs the Gospel, and it's such a blessing to have this chance to share it.

Alma 26:35,37 I know that Heavenly Father is completely aware of all of His children, and if we are doing our best He will be the strength we need to see miracles happen. Because this is His work!

I love you! Until next week,
Sister Brooksby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Though I can't email you directly, just post your comment here and my mom can forward it to me.
Thanks for all you do! Way to support missionaries :)