South Korean Flag!

South Korean Flag!

Friday, November 7, 2008

Lessons

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one."
-Elbert Hubbard

Oooh. First thought: That's me. Pure and simple. That quote up there? Yup.
And how long has it taken me to realize this? Apparently, too long. But hey, I'm starting to comprehend it now at least!

Everyone makes mistakes. They are somewhat unavoidable, and therefore easy to make.
You know something? I worry. A lot. About little, tiny things that I probably don't need to worry about. My friends have told me this, a number of times, in a number of ways. So I got to talk to my awesome mother the other night about my problem. We discussed situations and such, and diagnosed me:

Overly analytical.

That's one of my main weaknesses. But the cool thing is, now that I know what it is, I can realize how to better work on it!
To help me, if you see me looking at the tiny details, so much so that I am missing out on the more important big picture, just tap me on the shoulder and let me know.
I want to be better. I want to do better. I would really like to be perfect, (wouldn't that be so nice?)
But, as one of my good friends wrote: "You don't have to be perfect to be wonderful."

I can do all things which I can do. I should not expect to be perfect in this life. I fall way too short of that mark so often, it's easy to get discouraged. But then I remember the words of my Savior,
"Come unto me, all ye that labour, and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
He makes up for all that I cannot. He knows how I feel. He prayed for me in Gethsemane, and died for me at Calvary's hill. If there's anyone who understands me, even better than I understand myself, it is Jesus Christ.

What a light! What a hope! How can I remain sorrowful in my sins, when I have such an amazing blessing in His great Atonement? Sometimes I feel like Nephi, shouting praise in his psalm in 2 Nephi chapter 4. Exactly like that.

In the words of one of my most favorite songs: "How can I keep from singing?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Though I can't email you directly, just post your comment here and my mom can forward it to me.
Thanks for all you do! Way to support missionaries :)