South Korean Flag!

South Korean Flag!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hidden Snowflakes

Wednesday, February 08,
2012

One of my most favorite activities to help relax and settle my mind is walking. I really enjoy keeping my feet moving as I think about whatever happens to come to me at the time.

Have you ever had an epiphany? They’re awesome moments in your life when you realize something important to you. You may have notice that important thing before, but not quite the same as when you have an epiphany.

Let me share with you mine. As I was wandering about under the beautiful stars, first I pondered how it might have been better to take two jackets with me due to the temperature of the evening. I thought it was snowman cold. But then, I think I may have become a softy for the cold since moving to Utah.
That thought led me to another-one of my old Snow friends
and roommates that who swore she didn’t ever need a jacket, whom I swore
would get walking pneumonia and never recover if I didn’t force her into warm
clothing on occasion.
Since the train continued along memories of my friend, it soon found cars that added faces and memories. More and more people came to mind, and suddenly I was filled with an immediate happiness; I realized how much Heavenly Father knew me to have placed me in the certain places with certain people I’d had the opportunity to meet and learn from even now. The gratitude rushed into me, like someone pouring a bucket of warm water on my head. At this
point, an old, familiar song began to form in my head.

“My life goes on, in endless song
My life goes on in endless song
Since God is Lord of Heaven and Earth
…How can I keep from singing?”

As I walked, almost to my apartment again, I looked to the pavement, frozen because of the snow. When the light caught it in just the right way, I saw millions of tiny sparkles. The black tar still surrounded it, but the snowflakes were there and vividly beautiful.

Sometimes I miss the truly beautiful people around me. Maybe
it’s because I have a picture in my head so prominent that I neglect to look
for all of the millions outside of it. Maybe I just have my music up too loud.
Or maybe I’m just distracted (which is often the case-be careful when you drive
with me :).
But I’m super super thankful for these moments of epiphany like tonight that teach me so much more than I could teach myself.

Thank you for all you've done in my life. You're one of those people who help me feel so happy. I can't say it any other way. :)
I want to be captivated by hidden snowflakes.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you write, you were a born author, I love your description of the snowflakes and the analogy :)

    ReplyDelete

Though I can't email you directly, just post your comment here and my mom can forward it to me.
Thanks for all you do! Way to support missionaries :)