South Korean Flag!

South Korean Flag!

Thursday, February 9, 2012



I came home from an eventfuly awesome day thinking a lot of things. This is the thought that stuck out to me most:

Whether it be in muddy boots, old worn tennis shoes, or a pair of new sneakers, we feel beautiful when we reach out to serve others. I love this verse from the Doctrine and Covenants.

“Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness.”
–Doctrine and Covenants 58:27
In the Temple, each of us put away our street clothes and replace them with pure, white ones. There's no distinction-nothing to make us seem more or less important in the eyes of those around us. The old, worn out Sunday shoes lay just next to the shiny ones, and the humble man sits with the proud. We all become equal in our Heavenly Father's home.
I love people watching on campus. The different styles, the different ways of walking, those walking alone, and those walking with friends. The quiet ones, the boisterous ones, and the ones in the middle. It's amazing to me to see our differences, and yet know we all have hopes and dreams, we all have Someone watching over and wishing the best for us. We all have different shoes, but we find out how special it feels to be His child no matter what we wear.
Go everyone! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes after a long few months or more I look at a pair of my shoes with holes in the back and holes in the front and soles completely worn out and think that's how I want my feet to be at the end of my life (not literally though! haha) :)

    I'm LOVING the blog posts! Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete

Though I can't email you directly, just post your comment here and my mom can forward it to me.
Thanks for all you do! Way to support missionaries :)